Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bacon and Eggs for dinner? Whaaaaat?

Yep! Breakfast for dinner. 

'Kay. So I ended up with a $5 gift card for the faboo French store "Tar-Zhay". Well, hubby to be did, but that doesn't really matter. I took it and went to the store to get something for dinner. Yes, $5 can make dinner! 'Kay, maybe not this time, and maybe not at Target, but whatever.  Dad in law wanted some smoked sausage, but guess what! Our rinky dink store doesn't have any? We still have the gift card in hand, so we call him up and go "Pick another meat or meat-byproduct item"

So we got BACON

                                         Do you hear the angels singing? I do. Because it's BACON.

So after retrieving to holiest and most delicious of all meat and meat-byproducts, we go home, hopefully to some sort of food on a plate. Well, food was not cooked, and though it was disappointing, I marched dutifully into the kitchen to bother my soon-to-be father in law.

Apparently, we were having bacon and eggs, and toast. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Okay, let me back up. The main reason we're having bacon and eggs is because the other day I ran out to the store and bought a TON of food on sale. Like, 3 loaves of bread and 3 dozen eggs because they were on sale type ton here. I stocked up on everything we use on a regular basis because my normal grocery store was having a kickass sale. A dozen large eggs for $0.88 is pretty epic.

So with a pound of bacon, and a dozen eggs, we cooked dinner. For 4 people. With 4 eggs and no bacon left over. On about $1 a plate.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Sale shopping rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment